Smart Science, Good Work, and Student Health from the Ground Up!
Did you know that school lunches, snacks, and suppers contain local products all year long? Come learn about all the ways our community pulls together – in good times and bad – to ensure that everyone has access to healthy meals and activities. Come meet some of the farmers and students who grow food for school meals! Enjoy our large garden while learning about the science of growing plants! Play Food Systems Bingo and win prizes! Enjoy making a smoothie using our blender bike! There will be a delicious lunch featuring locally-sourced ingredients prepared by our own On Point Food Truck.
More fun in the making:
- Meet some of native animals from Ashton Biological Preserve
- Ride a bike at the Bike Rodeo (bikes provided)
- Play Corn Hole!
- Try Family Yoga – with Wildflowers Yoga and our wonderful GET teacher, Helene Hammer
- Explore Garden Science with Hands On Gainesville
- Learn about regional hiking from Florida Trails
- Enjoy a locally sourced hamburger and vegetables from our own On Point Food Truck while listening to lovely music from the string ensemble Delarusa
- Learn about compost and the role of earthworms
- Make a watermelon “shaker” with the PTA